Monday, December 1, 2008

Blessings


Yes, I am an intermittent blogger. Sorry it's been so long, but life gets busy and blogging takes a hit. The fall season brought both joyous days and sad ones. Each year I dread the coming of snow, but as I stare out the window at the new blanket of brilliant white, I am reminded that each new day brings new blessings. Our little family is so blessed! We have a home, a church, jobs, schools, clothes, vehicles, food. But more importantly to me, we have eachother. Circumstances lately have reminded me that family is so important. We have opportunities every day to be blessings to eachother as husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, and children. Yet, at times we let those opportunities pass by. Busyness and personalities get in the way, our ugly sides come out, and we hurt those most precious to us. But, like snow cleanses the earth, God's grace cleans away our ugly's. I'm so thankful for that, and I'm thankful to be a part of the four under this roof.













2 comments:

Adventure to Live said...

Great post & reflection!
I love the picture of Leah laughing with Luker's.

The Nikkels said...

Hey, how is Mark's schooling going? Just curious! I love the new pictures. Very cute!